Victoria Beckham nominated for two awards in the 2013 British Fashion Awards
The British Fashion Council(BFC) has released their shortlist of nominees for this year’s British Fashion awards, with the ceremony to be held at the London Coliseum on Monday 2nd December.
The British Fashion Awards were established in 1989, to celebrate the contributions of British designers, creatives, models and style icons.
Victoria Beckham - who won Best Designer Brand at the awards ceremony in 2011 – is up for not one, but two prestigious awards in 2013: the Red Carpet Award and Brand of the Year.
The 39-year old Beckham launched launched her high-end clothing collection during New York Fashion Week in 2008, and now she’ll be going up against established heavyweights like Alexander McQueenand Burberry in the Brand of the Year category, while for the Red Carpet Awardshe’ll be in competition against Erdem and Antonio Berardi.
Stella McCartney, who took home the Designer of the Year and Designer Brand in 2012 did not receive any nominations this year, those honors have gone to Christopher Kane, Phoebe Philo (Céline), Sarah Burton (Alexander McQueen).
For the first time the British Fashion Awards has added an International Designer of the Year category and 2013 will see either Marc Jacobs, Miuccia Prada or Raf Simons come away with the award.
Meanwhile, the most talked about model of the past season Cara Delevingne , will once again up for the for Model of the Yearaward after taking home the title last year and she’ll be up against Edie Campbell and Sam Rollinson.
Harold Tillman, Chairman of the BFC commented that the diverse nominees reflected the "incredible vision and breadth of talent [that] British designers offer."
Check out the full list of nominees for the 2013 British Fashion Awards:
- Red Carpet Award
- Nominees: Antonio Berardi, Erdem, Victoria Beckham
- Model of the Year
- Nominees: Cara Delevingne, Edie Campbell, Sam Rollinson
- Brand of the Year
- Nominees: Alexander McQueen, Burberry, Victoria Beckham
- International Designer of the Year
- Nominees: Marc Jacobs, Miuccia Prada (Prada), Raf Simons (Dior)
- New Establishment Award
- Nominees: J.W. Anderson, Mary Katrantzou, Peter Pilotto
- Menswear Designer of the Year
- Nominees: Christopher Bailey (Burberry), Kim Jones (Louis Vuitton), Tom Ford
- Womenswear Designer of the Year
- Nominees: Christopher Kane, Phoebe Philo (Céline), Sarah Burton (Alexander McQueen)
- Emerging Talent Award - Womenswear
- Nominees: Marques’Almeida, Simone Rocha, Thomas Tait
- Emerging Talent Award - menswear
- Nominees: Agi & Sam, Christopher Shannon, Craig Green
- Emerging Talent Award - Accessories
- Nominees: Dominic Jones, Mr Hare, Sophia Webster
- Accessory Designer of the Year>
- Nominees: Anya Hindmarch, Charlotte Olympia, Nicholas Kirkwood