Fashionable in slogan t-shirts
The history of wearing t-shirts dates back to the 19th century when they were first worn as undergarments for both men and women. Nowadays, t-shirts are worn alone or as a main garment. Changing trends also dominate how t-shirts are donned from white and plain shirts to colour and print shirts. The transformation continues with slogan t-shirts, a creative way of bringing life to a simple shirt with words emblazoned or printed on the garment as an expression of style, art, social or political beliefs.
Popular slogan t-shirts
In 1948, the first person to promote slogan t-shirts was a woman named Katharine Hamnett who produced large slogan prints on oversized shirts. In recent years, even celebrities such as Paris Hilton and Britney Spears were also seen donning slogan t-shirts. As such, manufacturers and companies caught up in the game and began producing and selling t-shirts with messages printed on them.
What started out as a functional use of the ordinary t-shirt soon branched out into something different yet cross cutting across all cultures. The political, humorous, and artistic themes of slogan t-shirts are characteristics that contributed to their survival and popularity. They are humorous, ironic, inspirational and motivational.
We thought we'd take a look at a few examples of these slogans that are popular and making an impact on wearers.
1. "My parents went to Las Vegas and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
2. " I am on debt row."
3."Teachers are weapons of mass instruction."
4."My search engine ran out of gas."
5. "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes."
1. "Life is a daring adventure." (Helen Keller)
2. "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." (Lao Tzu)
3. "Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." (Voltaire)
4. "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it." (Moliere)
5. "Somewhere there is something incredible waiting to be known." (Carl Sagan)
1. "Occupy Wall Street"
3. "In my country, we go to prison first then become President." (Nelson Mandela)
4. "In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant." (Charles de Gaulle)
5. "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." (Winston Churchill)
Whatever your mood is, there are slogan t-shirts that are right for every feeling. Whether you want to express your thoughts and convictions or simply make a fashion statement, slogan t-shirts are there for that. These statement t-shirts are not only easy to put on, they come in various colours, styles and designs. Be funny, inspire, motivate or spread a political statement. Slogan t-shirts are here to stay.