Marc Jacobs, anthrax, cocaine, and a very embarrassed employee...
Red faces all round (and we all know that red is soooo 2008) at the Marc Jacobs store, after a package containing what was thought to be anthrax, but turned out to be that fashionable favourite - cocaine - was delivered to an employee. The employee called the police, after assuming the substance was poisonous, but ended up being quizzed after the powder had been analysed.
A source said, 'It appears to have been a huge mix-up. The girl has no idea why she was sent it. The cops are looking into whether it was intended for someone else in the building. But she was not happy with how she was treated by the police and is considering filing charges.'
Marc Jacobs has so far refused to comment.