Former First Lady Jackie Onassis was one of the biggest fashion icons in history and we love her style. She brought an era of high-style and glamor into the White House with the help of famed courtiers, including Oleg Cassini.
Her good taste was influenced by a blue-blood upbringing and a distinct admiration for French couture. She remained strong during and after the assassination of her husband: she looked chic even in mourning, when she donned Valentino.
Emulate Jackie with our top 5 tips.
1. Get the casual Jackie Onassis look. When choosing tops, look at round or bateau necklines. And when in doubt, a black turtleneck always works.
2. Get oversized Jackie O-style sunglasses. You know you're a fashion icon when your name is used to describe a certain style. Jackie O-style sunglasses are glamorous and ooze effortless wealth.
3. Another accessory with Jackie Onassis as its namesake is the Gucci "Jackie" bag. Gucci sold a record 6,000 pieces of the "G-G" version alone when it was relaunched in 1999. If it's out of your budget, find a lookalike on the high street.
4. Get a timepiece that resembles Onassis' Cartier tank watch. It is reported that she always wore a Cartier tank watch.
5. Choose your materials well. If you're going to consider fabrics, Jackie draped herself in cashmere and silk satin. Fine clothing material doesn't just emanate wealth, it also promotes the longevity of your clothes.