Top ten brands of designer boots
A pair of good quality, well-made and fashionable designer boots are a must-have staple of any woman's winter shoe collection. With so many good name brands and designers of boots out there it can be difficult to know where to start looking, so here's a list of the top designer boots to get you started.
Top ten designer boots
- Christian Louboutin: One of the best known and most loved designers. All his shoes have trademark glossy red soles. Louboutin boots range from knee-hign to ankle boots in materials such as leather and suede. Expect to pay anything upwards of £500 and easily over £1000 for these iconic boots.
- Jimmy Choo: Alongside Louboutin, Jimmy Choos are some of the most lusted after shoes made famous by the Sex and the City girls. Jimmy Choo designer boots are mainly leather and suede over the knee boots, which cost around £895, or black biker boots priced at £585.
- Ugg Australia: The famous sheepskin Ugg boot in tan, black or grey is comfortable, iconic and perfect for wearing with leggings or skinny jeans. Ugg Australia also make sophisticated and sexy sheepskin lined knee high boots that cost £899.
- Fly London: Fly designer boots have an urban youth vibe with a modern design in delicious colours such as aubergine, olive green and petrol blue. You can buy a pair of Fly boots for under £100.
- Dr. Martens: Boots are what Dr. Martens do best. The Dr. Marten range is chunky, comfortable, recognisable and affordable.
- Hunter: This British designer has been around since 1856 when the first Hunter Wellington boot was launched. Hunter boots are practical, well made and look good. If you want a stylish Wellington boot for around £75 then choose Hunter. Boots come in a range of funky colours from green and purple to neon pink and orange. Perfect for showing off at a festival.
- Marni: This Swiss born designer based in Milan creates chunky leather boots for the style conscious. Think platform soles and an unique look. Expect to pay just under £500 for mid-calf boots.
- Valentino: Another Italian designer. Valentino boots have a luxurious look and use interesting materials like lace, leather, suede, ruffles, bows and studs. Valentino even has a pair of patent-rubber boots. They don't come cheap as typical prices are between £700-£800.
- Missoni: Established in 1953 this family run business designs eclectic and eye-catching boots - not for the shy and reserved. Think snakeskin design with spashes of exotic colour. Prices range from £700-£1000 for a pair of ankle boots.
- L.K. Bennett: Sells mid price (£150-£400) designer boots in a range of styles such as stiletto and wedge-heeled boots. The design ranges from the traditional to the luxurious with leopard and snakeskin prints.
Where to buy designer boots
If you're after designer boots such as Dr. Martens or Fly London, then amazon.co.uk has a wide range of boots at competitive prices. High end designer boots like Louboutins, Marni, Valentino and Jimmy Choos, amongst others, can be bought online from net-a-porter.com. Ugg Australia has its own website and also two UK stores in London and Manchester.